FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2017
– Mass at 8:00 a.m.
– Eucharistic Adoration 9:00 a.m . -6:45 p.m.
– Family Holy Hour – 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
– St. Joseph Men’s Prayer Group – Adoration at 6:30 p.m.
– Mass at 7:00 p.m., followed by Benediction and Sacred Heart Prayers
(6:15 Mass is moved to 7:00 p.m.
Adorers are needed for Adoration so please sign your name on the sign-up sheet located in the vestibule.
“Christ held Himself in His hands when He gave His Body to His disciples saying: ‘This is My Body.’ No one partakes of this Flesh before he has adored it.”
– St. Augustine
The First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is based on a promise made by our Lord Jesus Christ during an Apparition to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. This promise was approved by the Church in the 1920 canonization of St. Margaret Mary.
The 12 Promises are contained in a letter written in May, 1688, by St. Margaret Mary to Mother Saumaise:
“On a Friday during Holy Communion, [Our Lord] said these words […], if I mistake not: I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that Its all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on nine first Fridays of the month consecutively, the grace of final repentance; they will not die under My displeasure or without receiving their Sacraments, My Divine Heart making Itself their assured refuge at the last moment.”
The Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque:
1. “I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.”
2. “I will establish peace in their homes.”
3. “I will comfort them in their afflictions.”
4. “I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death.”
5. “I will pour abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.”
6. “Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.”
7. “Tepid souls shall grow fervent.”
8. “Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.”
9. “I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set up and honored.”
10. “I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.”
11. “Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.”
12. “The all-pwerful love of my heart will grant to all those who shall receive communion on the first Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure nor without receiving the sacraments; my heart shall be their assured refuge in their last hour.”
The following First Friday devotions are advantageous in honoring the Sacred Heart of Jesus:
– The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
– Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
– Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
– Act of Reparation
– The Litany To The Sacred Heart of Jesus
– The Sacrament of Confession
More information can be found here: http://sacredheartlegion.com/friday.htm#friday